Chelsea confirm departure of Cesc Fabregas

0
17
Cesc Fabregas has completed his move from Chelsea to Ligue 1 strugglers AS Monaco


Chelsea confirm departure of Cesc Fabregas to Monaco as midfielder signs three-and-a-half year deal, and he could make his debut this weekend

  • Monaco have completed the signing of midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Chelsea
  • The Spanish playmaker will join the Ligue 1 side on a three-and-a-half year deal 
  • He is fourth signing made by Thierry Henry since the January window opened

Harry Slavin For Mailonline

Thierry Henry has made his first major transfer coup after Chelsea confirmed the departure of Cesc Fabregas to Monaco.

The Ligue 1 strugglers made the announcement on Friday afternoon and is the fourth bit of business they have conducted since the transfer window opened on January 1, with the 31-year-old signing a three-and-a-half year deal.

In his place at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea are hoping to conclude a deal for either Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella or Leandro Paredes of Zenit Saint Petersburg.  

Cesc Fabregas has completed his move from Chelsea to Ligue 1 strugglers AS Monaco

Cesc Fabregas has completed his move from Chelsea to Ligue 1 strugglers AS Monaco

Monaco created a video of the player making a watch to announce their new signing

Monaco created a video of the player making a watch to announce their new signing

Monaco created a video of the player making a watch to announce their new signing

the midfielder announces 'now, it's time' before slinging a Monaco shirt over his shoulder 

the midfielder announces 'now, it's time' before slinging a Monaco shirt over his shoulder 

the midfielder announces ‘now, it’s time’ before slinging a Monaco shirt over his shoulder 

In a statement, the Premier League club said: ‘Cesc Fabregas has today completed a permanent transfer to Monaco.

‘The midfielder’s switch to the Ligue 1 club brings the curtain down on his four-and-a-half year Chelsea career, a period in which he won four major trophies, including two Premier League titles. 

‘We thank Cesc for his wonderful service and wish him the very best of luck for the next chapter in what has been a fantastic career.’

Monaco released a video along with the words ‘Annonce Fabregas’ to confirm the deal, which depicted the Spaniard painstakingly creating a watch, before declaring: ‘Now, it’s time.’ 

Chelsea also released a video commemorating his time at the Bridge, in which he lifted the Premier League twice, accompanied by the message: ‘Thanks for the memories’.  

Fabregas joins fellow fresh faces Lyle Foster, Naldo and Fode Ballo-Toure at the Stade Louis II as Henry battles to avoid relegation in his first season as a professional manager.

Fabregas could be thrown straight into the action to help out his new side, who face Marseille on Sunday evening.  

The 2017 French champions sit second-from-bottom, five points adrift of safety. It will be a different challenge for the playmaker, who has spent so much of his career at the top end of the table. 

The 31-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half year deal after leaving Stamford Bridge 

The 31-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half year deal after leaving Stamford Bridge 

The 31-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half year deal after leaving Stamford Bridge 

The Spaniard left the pitch at Stamford Bridge in tears following his last match for the Blues – an FA Cup third round win over Nottingham Forest. 

‘Time flies,’ said Fabregas after the game. ‘It feels like last week that I started playing professionally and now it’s more than 15 years. It goes so fast and you have to be ready every three days, for the criticism with everyone saying how good you are and the ups and downs.

‘It feels like growing older it never goes away it is technique. Physicality goes away. Technicality stays with you.’ 

 

Advertisement



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here